My Trip to Hawaii

Welcome back! For my second blog post I am going to be telling about my trip to Hawaii.

Exactly one week after I got back from Philadelphia, we went to Hawaii. It was super early in the morning when we went to the airport. Airport Security took a long time, as usual. The plane ride was super long. I haven’t been on that long of a plane ride since I was 4 years old. When the plane landed we went to the luggage spin thing. We got all the bags, except one. I know what you are thinking, it probably got on another plane to somewhere else. Well actually, they never put the bag on at all. My sister didn’t have a bag for few hours. Luckily, My grandparents and cousins were on a plane a few hours later so the bag got put on their flight. The hotel view was super pretty. There it is on the left. When everyone arrived we went down to the pool for a late night swim. late night for Utah time. Hawaii was 4 hours behind Utah, so we went swimming at 8pm in Hawaii.

Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club – Ko Olina The next day we went to the PCC (Polynesian cultural center) It was a very big place with lots of cultures and things to do. We went to almost every place. There was a funny fire dancer who is also a coconut tree climber and a painter at the PCC. His name is KAP. We got some of his paintings for our family. This is KAP and his art work. He paints all of it by hand.

Kap Culture & Art Gallery - Hukilau Marketplace Kaiwi Kreations | Hawaiian Artist | Hawaii Seascapes

A few days later we went to the beach with some family friends who live on the North Shore of Honolulu. We went to a private area and swam right off the beach at sunrise with turtles and fish and even snorkeled with wild dolphins. it was the coolest thing I have ever seen. However, we got stung by a group of jellyfish which was not fun at all. Later that day we took a drive to Pearl Harbor and my dads old house when he lived in Hawaii for several years.

Over all we had a great time in Hawaii and I hope to go back soon.